Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Otra Cosas

Some random things...

I´m totally rocking the Peace Corps Chic styles. I miss my silver flats, jeans everyday and of course daskikis (although they DID make the trip!) I´m wearing tennis shoes everyday, khaki´s or black pants, some times I break down and wear jeans and layed polos over long sleeved shirts or even better button down shirts (which no longer fit over my potatoe and arroz body!). Porque I am en the mountains hace frio! So we have to layer, but we have to wear our semi professional clothes. I think I look frumpy..but es beuno.

Who and this HAIR! What am I gonig to do. My twists are hanging on by a thread...aaand that thread happens to be my hair. Sigh. No time for hair. Must.learn.Spanish.

Safety. I didn´t know this but since Ecuador (like everywhere) is havinga financial crisis and the crime is at a all time high! Everyday we get a presentation about how stay safe. So I usually carry a huuuuge bag, but now we have to tuck stuff in our pants, bras whatever to keep it under wraps. We are told how to act look. Everything. I hope this helps me get some street smarts. You´ll never know I grew up in a safe little neighbor hood in the Lou by the time this is all over.

Oh and I hear there is salsa here!! Since we can´t go anywhere by ourselves...how and where I´ll find it, no se, pero I WILL.

Mas later!

1 comment:

Candi Glenn said...

OMG!! LOL, you have me cracking up about this hair! I'm sure its fine...not even at camp hair yet!! Did you pack some like we discussed??? Can you read/learn spanish at the same time you braid? If not...rough it! Im sure you look fabo. And the food, cracking me up!!! It prob feels so good. I can imagine rice and potatoes in one meal...tasty! You will be fine and full. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails