Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mi Familia

I had so many more things to say and report, but so many new things come up everday, I just need to keep it moving on my blog. I found an internet place by my house and it is quite a seedy establishment, but if I can come one day and just post some blogs, you all will be informed for the next two weeks. It´s only been one week, but I have months of stories and information.

I´m using this post to talk about mi nuevo familia. I love them so much. We had a soul connection right fromt he start. I get sad thinknig that I´m going to have to leave them in a couple of months when I get assigned to my actual site (right now I´m in training).

Mi familia has a mother, Anita who is soooo sweat, we stay up all night talking (even though my Spanish is limited) we have so much fun. There is an older sister Janny who is 21 and goes to school in a cuidad diferente and comes home on the weekend. I sleep in her room. Then Dario is the middle son who is 18 and is always on the go because basically he´s a senior in high school. I jus went to a celebration his school had for seniors where they have there equivalent to a thesis project that they have to present. It was a two day event. Lot´s of fun and I was happy to be able to support him. Then my new BFF is Shona. She is the youngest child at 9 years old and we have a blast together. She is so sweet and funny and reminds me of a little me. I have to send pics when I figure out how to send them on these public computers. The father Wilson works a lot and is nice too, at the beginning I was sitting in HIS seat at the dinner table. They didn´t even say anything. I just asked and they were like. No, no one has assigned seats...weelll no one but Wilson... I was like ooooh don´t tell me he sits.....ooooohhh...great. Lol.

It was a fluke that I even got this family. I was going to a different site that was an hour away...this is how I know everything happens for a reason.

Mi madre keeps my SO busy. I´m actually sneaking to the internet cafe before coming home. Cause when I´m with her we are out in the streets our at the dinner table talking about muchas cosas.
I´ve been here a week...and I´ve gone to the 1st communion "lunch" of a cousin...a lunch taht went from noon to midnight...I met a lot of the family then, I some how volunteered to wash the dishes at the party to help...ummmm yeah half the town came and I was washing dishes for about 3.5 hours. But I got in good with the fam and mi tia. I also somehow got roped into folding a bed FULL of clothes..that took at least an hour and a half. I was with Janny and Mi Madre and I think that´s a good way to bond with my fam. Doing the tasks that I see are designed for women. Mi madre is determined to make a good esposa out of me. I also help mi madre with dinner a veces. Other things we´ve done, el celebracion de Dario, Shone and I rode horses at the park (!!), went to a big parade celebrating San Pedro. Mi madre says that if I think that event was big wait till the 29th when the whole month of celebration comes to a close.
We´ve gone to the park, watched Dari play futbol (and win!). Things are so different here, but so much is the same when it comes to family. They are very protective of me so I feel safe with them. They have un perro that is looks muy furocious pero I gave him some bread to day to bring us closer together lol. He is an outside dog, and I think he just wants attention when he barks like he´s going to murder you...let´s hope. They have a cat too but I only see her outside of my window in the mornings trying to get in.
I have so many stories... I need to write them down and keep track so I have things to say upon my return. It´s fun we all have our classes and we all have stories. There are the smallest things. Like you would´nt believe how much food can fit on a plate but that´s ever day we eat mucho arroz y mucho carne. Sometimes two different kinds. I already can´t button two of my button down shirts!! (did you know there was a Peace Corps 20lbs? here I come!) One of my friends and I are going to run tomorrow morning. It´s going to be dificil in this high altitude , but somethings gotta give! WE wanted to check out our neighborhoods before just running all around, but It hink we´ll be fine. I´m going to to talk to mi madre tonight abuot it...just to be sure.
I have soooo much work to do but that´s not family related so that´s the end of this post!! Que te vaya bien!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

A little hard work is good for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails