Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Friday, June 26, 2009

Customs

Some customs I´ve picked up on in a short time.
Greetings son mas importante!
Anytime you enter a room, you great everyone. In most situations, no matter how many people are in the room. Then new person who enters comes in and shakes the hand and greets cada persona. I like it. Even the children. I learned today actually that it also shows you have an education because they teach you that in school. Basically translates into havin some ¨"home traniing" lol.

I love the clothing of the Doñas, which are the hats and ribbons wrapped around their braids, a ruffled embroidered shirt and skirts. I even love their shoes. Mi madre where´s the same clothes as me, but she said that the indigenous women where that. I think it´s beauitful. Pictures to come. Ojala!

Like cuando was in Cebu muchas personas comen con una cuchara (spoon) solomente. To even to cut meat almost everyone eats only with a spoon. Speaking of eating. Whooo Wee. Every meal I have had starts with a soup. Usually with noodles, rice or papas (potatoes) followed by mucha arroz, some kind of meat and a side. I don´t want to offend my fam, but I can´t ever eat the whole thing. They always say, "Come, Come!" "Eat, Eat!" I´m like ummmm I just did...so much... it´s cool though. Mi madre is a great cook.

Those are just some things that are different, but easy to adjust to...now me and this language.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you girl your do a big thing and keep up the good work !
Rece

Related Posts with Thumbnails