Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Donde Estas?

Everyone is asking where will I be.

Well it's complicated...at least as I write this it is. Everyday I get more and more clear on how this is all going to pan out. We received some packing guidelines with our staging information and we need to pack 3 separate bags for 3 separate stages. The 4 day arrival in Ecuador, 3 month training and the remaining 2 years (if I under stand that correctly) I have already sent out an email to the Country Desk for clarification.

So first stop...the Sierra highlands for four days. I'm guessing that's the Andes region, but I could be wrong. This area is approx 45-70 degrees, chilly at night and can get some rainy days even in the dry season (which is now). The best way to dress is layers. So that means two shirts on one days which equals, more things in the bag to pack. However, I can count these clothes towards the clothes I have during training....

Training, three months in Cayambe (finally city!) Our staging packet states that we need all kinds of clothing, t-shirts, long-sleeved, short sleeved, boots, different pants etc. This is where I need to pack smart. The letter puts a strong emphasis on not packing excessively. So that is the goal.

Our third bag is everything else we will need for our 2 years of service but can live without for 3 months. So right now I'm thinking that is mainly supplies and other various items. We are told to label this luggage "Quito" because that is where the are storing it. As of right now, where I'll be for the next 2 years is still a mystery..... 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails