Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Otra Cosas July Part II

more random things and some importante dates

Mi made me a handmade necklace. So sweet!

Even though I am in this high altitude and never ran in the Estados Unidos I get up every other day (roughly) and run for 20 mintues. It's SO hard, but since I eat like an Olympiad (rice, potatoes, hearty soup, carne) I gotta burn off that energy. Also, my girl needs someone to run with....

Fechas Importantes
SITE ASSIGMENT: July 9th!!! We actually find out where we are going to be for the next 2 years!!

Site Visit! July 19-23!! We are actually going to visit our sites and see meet the people we are working with!! It seems like this has taken forever, but now it feels really soon. This is the time that people start dippin out straight up. People go to their sites and see that they won't have running water for 2 years or will be milking cows everyday and straight peace out. I wonder what my sentiments will be after the 23rd....stay tuned....

August 19th I believe is our swearing in date. This is the day it all happens. The day I either go home or stay in Ecuador for two years. I hope they swear me in!! :) j/k I think things are going well for me. They Peace Corps staff has to recommend you to be a volunteer. If they don't recommend you, then no swear in. It's a big deal. Fingers crossed!

Me being here still feels good and right...

My fam has had my digital camera for about two weeks so hopefully I have some pictures...stay tuned....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You will get sworn in, no problem, remember Prom Queen, Pom Squad, Modern Dance student and teacher, and the latest Pageant Queen and soccer star. The variable is the site, I have my fingers crossed and hope it is urban enough for you to cope with.
Love BIG-D

Ambah said...

My love! My favorite! I am in tears reading through your blog. I love you and am in constant awe. One of your peace corp homies posted pictures on FB and it allowed me a taste of what's going on...the awe continues. Peace and Hair Grease Love.

Candi Glenn said...

Girlfriend!!! You will be sworn all the way in. Remember we discussed none of that talk!! Gosh I am going to have to put this in my daily check in sites. You are really on it. I was like Jen will give us a taste or two, and you are keeping it up to date. love it!

Sunshine Builder Freedom Dancer said...

Thanks for ALL the love, the specifics Dad, Ambah for the love and tears and Glenn for always strong arming me back in line. I will find out tomorrow and I will definitely keep you all posted. Glenn I like 5 different posts and put them to come up on different dates so something comes up like every other day even though I´m online like once a week. Oops gotta go more comments later!

Related Posts with Thumbnails