Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Otavalo

I was in Mascarilla Friday and Saturday. Sunday I was looking to just put on some anti itch gel from my med kit and lay low on the day of rest. Ha, think again. If I hadn't mentioned it, my family likes to keep me on the go. So Of course when I saw mi madre Saturday night she already had some plans. First thing in the morning 8 AM my brother Dario was playing futbol. She actually asked like do you wanna go that early. I love soccer and had fun the last time we went so I of course agreed...we decided to go around 8:30 and just figure out the score when we got there :) The original plan was to then return and wash clothes (mi madre is SO sincere about me washing clothes..by hand..but I don't wanna!!) and clean my room and essentially the whole house.... Well as always we did nothing according to plan... I tried to write out what we did in spanish with mi madre. I'm not sure if it's correcto, but it's an attempt...

A las ocho a futbol a ver mi hermano Dario. This time they didn't win but it was still an exciting game. Despues fuemos a Otavalo tha's right we took a road trip to a semi near by city! Who knew, we drove home after Dario's game they turn around a say wanna go to Otavalo... I didn't know if I needed to pack an overnight bag or what... I was just like...okay....mi madre said I needed more ropa, but I think she just meant a coat. She always thinks I don't dress right for the weather :). Otavalo es trenta minutos de Cayambe. A concer el mercado de Ponchos, which is apparently a popular market for gringos in Ecuador to go to. I couldn't get a lot of things a)cause I didn't have a lot of money b) I don't know what region I will be in I could be on the caliente coast or the frio sierra. No se. Yo compro una blousa however y mi madre compro una chompa. Luego fuemos a Ibarra y almenzar. Segimos despues compramos helada y nos sentramos in al parque. Que Bonita. Segimos a la leguna de Yahuarcocha. Mi hermana cogio un pescado muy pequenos en una botella. El la tarde regesamos a Cayambe. Needless to say no laundry was done...Yeah mi madre got me back this weekend though...but that's another story....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails