Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Este Fin De Semana

I wanted to blog and tell stories all about this weekend cause it was full and fun but I’m so tired…probably from this crazy weekend.

As always our weeks are packed and I just long to sleep in juuuust a little bit (I’m doing well if I sleep till 9!) on Saturday and maybe even Sunday…Well this weekend was not typical at.all. Maybe I’ll bullet point…

Friday:
Jammed my fingers had to tape them together
Classes all day
Needed to prep for our presentation in front of all of our families
Went out for a night on the town (when we maybe should have been practicing Spanish…) I think singing Como la Flor @ Karaoke is sufficient enough

Saturday:
Should have napped/studied and skipped Karaoke lol
Had classes at 8 AM!! For the 6th day in a row!
Blur, fog, yawn, huh?
Got a chance to work and prep our pres
Have our charla at 3:00 not only do our families come but so do a lot of the staff!! Yikes!
We all actually get great reviews and really helpful feedback on our first charla
Chase my dog that doesn’t have a leash (or sense) through the streets of Cayambe with 7 other people and finally catch her.
Want to nap but instead go play “basket” with my group
Finally get the tacos we’ve been wanting since day one
Hang with the fam until I can’t stay up anymore (I think that’s how my Sat ended…)

Sunday:
*REEEAALLLLY wanna sleep and rest….
*But get up bright and early to accordian music blasting for today is mi hermana, Jenny and mi abuela Mama Ines’ birthday celebration extravaganza
*Finish some work that is due Monday muyrapido
*Think I’m getting out of hand washing my clothes a) cause my fingers still hurt b) because there are 20 people at the crib and it’s only 9 something c) feel there is no point in hanging my clothes up outside when it’s going to just smell like the smoke from the chicken mi tias are cooking outside on the front steps…sigh
*The family makes fun of me as I scrub my life away as they cook up a storm
*My mom gives me 10 minute count down to be ready and I’m soaking wet and covered in mud (it’s too long of a story only I get more dirty and some of my clothes when I WASH…can’t explain it…)
*Viva Fiesta…well I’m in the shower…but the party begins
*Dani is also invited over since there is also a request for a repeat performance of the pizza making from early in the month (I certainly can’t do it alone…)
*We eat…..We dance in a circle for about 3 hours…and eat some more…
*As if we need more food, we go and buy cosas for the pizza
*Once the majority of the fam gets wind pizza is being made...most people don’t leave and a pizza making party commences
*The eating doesn’t stop, neither does the laughter and good times
*Finalimente, candy, cake, pizza, carne, arroz, lechuga etc are all consumed and mi tias, tios, abuelas y sobrinas return to their homes and I call it a night!
*I go downstairs one last time to say good night and my fam is actually eating AGAIN and offers me some soup, but I clearly need to get rest for class bright and early Monday!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That sounds so great. Consider what you would be doing on a regular weekend in LA or STL. I assume less food, fun, and pleasure. More worry, liquor, and well some fun.

Sunshine Builder Freedom Dancer said...

Ha, Ha, yeah totally!

Related Posts with Thumbnails