Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Thursday, July 16, 2009

From Sour To Sweet Continued...

Sunday...

Alright I can make this fast.

So I had my attitude in check, but I told mi madre I STILL wasn't to sleep in Sunday too, cause we will get up soo early if not. She was like, "claro, we sleep on Sundays" um, okay if you say so. Well I again woke up mad early, but coasted along for a few hours in the bed, it was so great. Around 10 mi amigo Dani called cause we were cooking dinner for my fam that night. I got up to see what the plan for the day was. No one was up...everyone was in the bed watching TV or just chillin. I loved it. I climbed in bed with my little sister Shona and was on the phone getting details for the day. Breakfast, Laundry (snap! I thought I was gonna get out of hand washing my stuff this weekend..silly me), Buy Ingredients for the pizza my sister requested we make, go watch Dario play futbol, regrasa a la casa to make the pizza. Sweet. I cleaned my room and my clothes. I'm getting really good at hand washing and actually had fun this time. It also didn't take half a day because I only had 7 days worth of items to wash. Met up with Dani and tried to figure out what we needed using mi madres cook book. Again, I don't cook in the Estados Unidos so following a cook book in Espanol was a challenge. We finished in time to make it to the game, that was so much fun, because mi hermano is the best futbol player and the weather was nice, but they didn't win. Despues we had to go back to the store because we bought the wrong flour, then we were ready for the pizza adventure. I thought it was just going to be Dani y yo making the pizza, but oh.no. mi madre was already stewing tomatoes for the homemade pizza sauce and slicing veggies. She and Shonita helped and boy did we need. We made the dough or masa from scratched and had the.best.time making that pizza it took all night, but we had a blast. I'm glad Dani came up with the idea to do that. It turned out great and mi familia realllly appreciated the gesture. I was surprised actually how thankful they were. So I had gone into the weekend thinking I was going to spend the majority of it up in my room sleeping and studying, but I got out, opened the lines of communication con mi madre, enjoyed the country side, enjoyed my friends, got some studying in, cooked some food for the fam and got in some all around good vibrations. It was a sweet weekend indeed :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails