Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Monday, September 28, 2009

Thanks for the Comments and Keep on Reading!

Just wanted to send a message saying thank you all for keeping up with me through my blog! It really means a lot. I was so unsure of blogging, but it has definitely served the purpose of keeping my loved ones informed a receive love and support in return! Que bueno! So just wanted to say keep reading, keep those comments coming (so I know you're out there!) and I will keep writing!!

I'm happy that I went to work writing and posting enough pictures to get me through the month. I posted everything pretty much my first week here and had enough to take me though the second to last week in September. Perfect, just enough time to get over my two week slump of the hohums after "the incident" (yes that's what we're calling it..)lol. I was so bummed and just inconvenienced and had a lot of ick thoughts and reeaally didn't want to post all that ickyness. I think I'm on the upward swing of things...well hopefully I really will be by the time this posts. Hopefully my two weeks with no cell phone will be no more and I will feel safe and not so creeped out. 

My time with the Mujeres has been really great. They have just become so protective of me and it feels more like a family now. We are still new to each other though. I'm more like an in-law that married into the family, but we have that sister- girl- I-got-your-back thing going on that goes beyond any language barrier and I really appreciate that. 

Que mas?

Pictures. Yikes. I dont know when I'm goin to bust out pictures in this city. Maybe the other volunteers will, and when I start traveling to other sites I may take pics then...but right now you are going to be getting photos off the internet I think. Why didn't anyone tell me that blogs are so boring without pictures? And why didn't anyone tell me that you don't need a ton...just one or two will do sometimes?

Oh I know, it's just my whimsical and witty writing is so entertaining you don't even need pictures. Is that it? Oh well mil gracias to you all. 

I wonder if the next coming months I will have bastante material to write. I think at the minimum every month I can do at least 4 posts for every week. We shall see. For October I am going to be outlining the projects we are working on and the plans we have to mejorar them. So there will be plenty of posts and pics (taken from the computer in the Mujeres oficina) for Oct. Maybe even take it all the way into November...we shall see...you gotta read to find out.

Thanks for the love I'm reflecting it right back at cha!!
















Paz y Amor!!! (just trying to add photos!)

3 comments:

Ms Edie said...

darling picture! love that smile on my rose pedal.

Unknown said...

The incident bummed me out just like you, I felt it just like you.
Hey I just looked at your blog picture and it looks like you are holding a sea creature in your un-gloved hand, I'm impressed.
Your blogging will aid you in your future career, computerese, Spanish, blogging, crime fighting, world traveled, just to name a few of the skills your sharpening.
You Go Girl

Sunshine Builder Freedom Dancer said...

Thank you my lovely parents :) I need to get back on responding to my blog comments! Yes Dad I was holding and small octopus which a) I did not want to do at first, but my facilitator is loco and put it in my hand...then I saw how sweet he was and we became amigos... b) was then later killed and served up in our lunch as cerviche! Que horor no? I didn't eat him though cause we had bonded just hours earlier! Just a day in the life here in Ecuador...

Related Posts with Thumbnails