Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Que Hacer?

What to Do?

Just trying to get some normality in my world...but what does one do when everything is new?

I know one idea I had is once I get a grasp on my assignment I can find other fun things for me to do that will keep me sane.

Some ideas-

Join a ladies soccer...excuse me futbol team (hope you don't have to try out...they just accept you)

Find a safe secure salsa spot (might be asking to much...)

Dance classes

Capoeira (I saw a demonstration in the square last weekend and got the contact information of the school..let's see if I can afford it...)

There is always the Peace Corps standard of picking up a guitar and teaching yourself....we'll see...other suggestions?

We shall see

What to Wear?

It's hot as Hades fire here. The women here are quite sexy in their dress, and I get it...it's so hot who has time for bastante ropa. However, it's in a gringa's interest to dress pretty modestly. I understood it at first but now I just resent it. I will be in my room in tank and a shorts (if I even have on pants at all) in front of a fan sweating my you know what off... Then to go out side I have to put on MORE clothes. It's awful. So I have to figure out what I'm going to wear day to day. Not only is what I have hot as heck...it's frumpy and unflattering. Since I'm usually hot, in a bad mood cause I'm either lost, or just had a day or not being understood, I wanna feel good about something I can control !! May sound crazy but it´s the little things.... So I gotta get my Ecuadorian style down.

I think something breezy like skirts might be the order (nothing mini...maybe I should have a below the knees rule?)...modest cotton sundresses? Loose fitting, but cute shirts...my huge t-shirts are not gettin it...I definitely don't want to draw more attention to myself, that I'm clear on but right now I look like my name is Bernard and I'm not loving it...

What Gives?

My hair is loco I took the camp hair down. I could tell it wasn't healthy anymore since of course when I have a low maintenance hairstyle I take it aaaalll the way to no maintenance. I was so happy when I washed my hair and twisted it like the old days... However it's humid and and I guess there is a lot of exhaust in the air... I don't know, but after a few days my hair was just crazy... I then untwisted and froed it and then it just got crispy. Crispy fros will never do So I gotta firgure that out too.... Frumpy with crazy hair? Not the business...

Just when you think thats where the madness ends my skin goes bizerk my first day here! It did the same thing on my site visit. My skin no likey the city. I haven't had a bad cystic break out like this in awhile. Which I'm thankful for. Hopefully it's just freaking out and will get better but right now I've got it bad... Not that any of this superficial ish even matters all that much... but when you're whining and everything goes wrong...these small things become straws of hay that start breakin a sista!

Also my sleeping schedule is aaaalll over the place what gives? Some days I'm SOOOO beat other days I can't even sleep! I know that getting plenty of rest is essential to my sanity and my comprehension of Spanish, so I gotta get it together. I might have to put myself on a strict schedule like a baby or something to regulate myself.

Again I know these sound small, and superficial, but I'm just searching for normality in my current upside down vida!

*************************************************************************************
Update: I have since gotten over myself...so most of these things are no longer of importance to me...there is hope for us all.....


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails