Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's On & Poppin!

February 26, 2009

Had an email from Peace Corps telling me my Toolkit had been updated. Sure enough it says that I'm medically cleared (sweet!) and that I have a letter coming in the mail that is going to give me more details. I wonder what it's going to say? I know the woman at OMS gave me a few suggestions and things to do before I leave (check-ups and what not) I'm thinking maybe it's going to reiterate that notion. I see I'm back to updating everyday, so I'm probably obsessing again, I had cooled off for awhile, but I'm extremely eager to know where I'm going. Since I'm nominated for August, I understand that the chances of me knowing anything before June are slim... So why don't I just chill out and have a seat....I'll do my best.

UPDATE!!

Holy Cow, I was just about to starting to stalk people's pages again and was obsessively checking over my toolkit. I appeared that it took approx 2 weeks for people to get a placement officer, so I was trying to calm myself down. THEN I received another email from the Peace Corps...open it up... WAHOO!! I have been assigned a P.O.! hoorray.

The email tells me to send updated resumes, transcripts and work or volunteer experiences. THIS apparently where it gets competitive. Who knew? (sobbing softly). The letter informs that there are approximately two people nominated for each stop. That does turn up the heat a little bit. The good news is if I send these assessments early (March is early to have med clearance if I'm nominated for August departure) I am at a bit of an advantage I think. There could be something I'm more qualified for that opens up earlier...or later... either way I don't think I will be flat out rejected...I think my worse case scenario is that my assignment will change a little bit. I wish I had been studying spanish so I can send her a certificate or something, like BAM advance spanish baby! Not so much. I can see what I can do when I go home. I'm going to include that I took a class at the end of last year.

Other items I'm going to update.
1) I started working full time with youth (that was an issue during my nomination because I wanted Youth Development, but only volunteered with youth)

2) continued doing volunteering with youth

3) took Spanish in the fall last year (it was with my church, I wonder how they'll view that...it's not accredited in anyway...)

4) Hmm, Oh I am a Certified Empowerment Coach. That has to be good for the Youth Development programs.

I think that's it for now.. I'll see what else I can think of. I'm trying to put anything I can..they shouldn't have told me it was a competition!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails