Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pedro Carbo

What to say about Pedro Carbo? I know one thing I would have never stopped through the modest campo town had it not for my friend who is a volunteer there. However, I have now been a couple of times and Pedro Carbo isn’t just a town you drive through. I thought Pedro Carbo was going to be super duper campo, as in nothing but trees and huts. It’s actually a small town, with a main park several stores and concrete houses. Also, it seems they are always celebrating something or putting on an event. My friend organized a concert series where people from Guayaquil came to perform! Another time I went there was a festival going on and we listened to music in the park and road on the caterpillar.> I didn’t know about the caterpillar before, but that is a CRAZY STREET ride. That’s right, imagine a rollercoaster in the middle of a main straight and there you have the Caterpillar. The youth group my volunteer friend works with are also a lot of fun and active presence in the community and it’s really great to see. For those reasons I love Pedro Carbo and will be back…yet again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails