Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Saturday, November 13, 2010

#9 Almuerzos!

I don’t know if I have to go into much detail about this before you see the how this should have really been #1 on the list.

1 Huge bowl of soup (talking, lentil soup, cream soup with cheese and noodles, chicken noodle soup take your pic the possibilities are endless, fresh fish or come one now…)

+

1 Entrée (I’m talking, beans, black, white, yellow whateva, chicken in all kinds of delicious sauces (even COCO flavored!), if you like carne, you got it…you know any part of a cow on a plate, lentils, fried egg. Main dish, With a side of …excuse me, a MONTON (i.e. mountain) of RICE, and a side salad,/side something. Salad meaning, carrots in mayo, cucumber tomato salad or if someone loves you some fried plantains!)

+ (I know it’s not even over yet!)

1 Delicious glass of whatever kind of fresh squeezed/blended jucie you want! My fav is Mora but you can have your pick of whatever juice is being served up to accompany your bien rico meal. (I know you’re thinking, yeah right like I’d have room in my belly!) But I haven’t even told you the cost!!!

= (drumroll please)
1 complete Almuerzo for…

1 dollar
50 cents

THAT IS IT! So here it for a single person, it’s sometimes cheaper to eat OUT than to buy groceries and cook. When is THAT ever the math?

When life gets crazy, knowing that you can get a full square meal for $1.50 really makes life seem okay again. Plus, usually I can’t get through my soup so that means my segundos (that’s the entrée part) I get para llavar..or “to go” That means no cooking AND I just ate lunch AND dinner for $1.50. Let’s be serious. Does it get any better than that?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails