Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Otra Cosas July Part III

More random delights for your reading pleasure

Mi madre asked me to be the madrina of my little sister in two years at her confirmation. I accepted. It's in Junio 2011.

Guayaquil had the best Empanadas on the face of the planet and will be the reason I gain the Peace Corps 20 (lbs)

We made a huge breakfast with our faciliator Lenny who we love so much. It was so delicious and now I know how to make my favorite snack so far. Emborajados. Think if a fried plantain and a funnel cake had a baby. Pure fried deliciousness!

A Haiku for Theresa:
Doll-face, tough as nails
Ciudad Peligroso
Estoy bien, now

That’s for Theresa the PCV who saved my life and made G-quil not seem so scary. During my site visit she invited me into her home and life, made me remember routes and made me breakfast, made me meet with the Mujeres solo and made my jumpy nerves calm down. Mil Gracias Terry!!! You are the best!

BTW Tere the Great is the only volunteer I know who has not been robbed or had an incidient in G-quil. Hopefully since I´m following in her footsteeps that can be my lucky fate as well!
I clearly am still obsessed with my planner, I thought traveling abroad would break me, but alas, it hasn’t happened…

Night.buses.are.the.worst. (maybe I’ll write more on these mas tarde)

August 1-7th is our tech trip. My group is going to a beach town in the Guayas I think… all I know is we have about 3 weeks left and one of those weeks are now going to be spend else where. I’m going to miss my Cayambe fam so much!

Did I mention?

That 4 of us were selected to meet the US Ambassador of Ecuador and I was one of them. We had lunch and we heard all of her amazing stories and it was quite an honor to be there!

That I improved 3 levels since my initial Spanish Interview. I still need to move up one more level to be able to be sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer. Fingers Crossed!

4 comments:

Nik said...

You can do it Jenny!!! And funnel cake and plantains? Mmmmmmm, tasty.

Candi Glenn said...

I second that a funnel plantain baby????? Can you learn how to make that and bring that right on ova here Gangsta J???? I need that baby right about now...

Sunshine Builder Freedom Dancer said...

Ha! My friends KNEW what to comment on. I will definitely perfect the recipie and pass it on!! Pretty Hot And Tempting (phat) all day long lol...

theresa said...

aww, thank you! so sweet. so you swore in, right? off to the armpit of ecuador, mi lindo guayaquil! i am so excited for you.
manda mis besos a todas las mujeres de lucha! que viva!

Related Posts with Thumbnails