Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Activities I've done since here....

Unpacked,
Slept a total of 5 hours over the course of 3 days
Slept for over 12 hours this past Tuesday...cause I was times Gquil are tough and I was exhausted
Killed rats the size of kittens my first day at work (well I just held the door closed while the brave souls broom "sticked" those monsters to death yeeeeps!)
Managed to aggravate all the sweet ladies with my lack of language skills...luckily eye rolling is a universal sign for get out of my face.. (ack I was more popular when we were killing rats!)
Walked aimlessly in the blazing heat not knowing where I was or who I can ask...(plus side I may actually lose weight with all this walking I'm doing)
Figured out what bus I take to and from work (whew that's a relief!)
Wrote down aaaaaalllll the dreams and aspirations of the Mujeres and Friday (today) (which actually now was yesterday...late posting this...)I need to present on what I heard them say, and what I think we can do....wish me luck!!!
Talked to my duena (my landlady) maaaaybe twice since I've been here...this is so not my Cayambe family...
Been able to come and go as I please and haven't been force fed a meal...I take that back actually...today my Mujeres realized they can force feed me...so I had two desayunos (breakfast) and a mountain of rice, lentils and eggs for lunch...
Discovered there is a slug like bug living in my bathroom (O Dios Mio!)
Got the Secret in Spanish! (score!)
Actually eaten more fruit than rice or cookies...I'm doing better...

There's more but I'm tired...and I gotta work on this presentation for the Mujeres. I just hope I can get this Spanish and earn the friendship and trust of the Mujeres. There are really actually quite self sufficient and borderline famous (if you ask me..). They have had a lot of publicity and success and have been around for years and years. Everyone be praying for me that I can add some love and light to their organization!

Paz y Amor!

Ohhh so an update since I didn´t post this on Friday like I planned.

I definitely went to work today (yep I work Saturdays) and after much stress and exhaustion...I definitely broke down and cried today at work. The story can come mas tarde. I think I´m just stressed, and it´s SO hard to not be able to express myself and I want soooo very much to do a good job and add something to the lives of the people I´m working with and I think I was just feeling too much. Ah well. I have volunteers to tend to right now who are visiting for the weekend. Don´t worry about me though I still have my head on straight and haven´t lost perspective. Sometimes you gotta get broken down to build back up into a newer stronger you. Onward and Upward!

2 comments:

Mica Clark-Peterek said...

Hang in there! You will learn the ropes, make friends, and a be a professional Spanish Speaker before you know it!

Unknown said...

Spinkle some salt on that slug creature, salt dries up slugs.
Sleep is the most important thing you can do to maintain your health both mental and physical try to get more than 6 and stress won't be so destructive, you will be able to think clearly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails