Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Thursday, May 7, 2009

You've Been Invited

May 7, 2009

Incredible! Yesterday I found out that my status has been updated and it reads "Congratulations you have been invited to become a Peace Corps Volunteer". I found this out after calling the Placement Officer I had spoken to on Monday. It turns out it didn't take until Wednesday to decide if they wanted to invite me to the new program. They were really excited about my skills and actually accepted me on Monday and they mailed out an invite on Tuesday! That means that I should be getting something in the mail today or tomorrow. I'm still in Miami until Saturday, so I'm just going to have my mom open it for me. He couldn't tell me when exactly or where I'm going, but I'VE BEEN INVITED!

I know it's going to be a June departure (or I should say I'm pretty sure ) so I need to start cancelling trips..stacking some doe (more babysitting, and getting it together! This is exciting and surreal, I'll be posting in a few days with the location and departure time!! YAY!
Related Posts with Thumbnails