Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pest Control

May 3, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo weekend. I will be in Miami for the actual holiday so I'm posting now. This weekend I found myself speaking with a stranger and somehow Peace Corps came up. He imparted a lot of wisdom and for some reason after speaking with him I felt more hopeful. I feel like he was a little Peace Corps angel sent from the heavens to encourage me to faint not. When I was describing where I was in the process and my plan of attack from this point forward, his advice was don't wait "you gotta really stay on those people". I was going to wait until after my Miami trip to start calling and checking my status, however now I'm most definitely kicking off Operation: Total Pest tomorrow. It can only speed things up at this point. He was saying not only is there so much red tape, bureaucracy and back log in the DC offices, but they also want to see how interested you are in your nomination. Some people apply for Peace Corps and go through the motions as a back up plan. They want to know who has their eye on the prize and is intensely serious about going. They don't wanna send someone somewhere for two years who has a lackluster attitude about the whole thing. I can agree... I do have examples in my process where I became quite the stalker and that IS when I got results. So if that's what I gotta do this last stretch of the process I have NO. Problem. doing that. So tomorrow is the kick off. One week "premature" so I'm interested to see if a) I am even able to reach anyone b) if I the response/attitude will be that I'm still worried about it too early in the game. Sheesh It's May! This waiting is agonizing!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails