Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Life Crisis in 5,4,3,2....

December 2, 2008

Aaaand alright... While I definitely do not want this to be a personal blog about my life... I am def about to have a life crisis...however, it related to Peace Corps so it works!

So after getting laid off in October I scored a fun gig teaching dance. Since my schedule opened up I was able to perform in a couple of shows in November and I've continued teaching dance... Now, I was looking for part-time work, and thought I had found it...but really they aren't giving out hours except for during the holidays (when, like, no one wants 'em)... So I currently a responsible for paying rent and Home Owner Association fees for my condo that has now been sold for a low low price of nothing gained to me...

If I don't pay the HOA on time every month that is going to be big issues for me. My rent...eh, who needs it. So I was thinking... since my income is unpredictable I don't want to have a lot of financial obligations. I had the idea of moving in with my friend who let me stay with her once before. Stay with? Crash, squat...would be more accurate terms to use...for two people stayin in a one bed room.

But why not? If I am seriously planning on joining the Peace Corps then I should be getting rid of stuff anyway right? Saving money and paying off debt, right? They say in the Peace Corps you can kiss your privacy goodbye...so I'll just be getting used to that as live on my friends couch... See can't be too good or glamourous for the P.C....

Sigh, I just have to decide am I really wanting to give up my room and so soon. To be fair to my roommate I would want to give her at least 60 days notice (if I can hang on that long...) So that would put me at living with my friend from March to August (if my nomination stays the same).

The chances of me leaving early are slim.. I have to stay in LA until June because the kids I teach have a recital..honestly if I really got invited somewhere that left earlier I would try to work it out with the owner of the company I work for. I also would like to spend a few weeks back in my home city...and maybe get the chance to visit a few friends... I mean I will be gone for 2 years!

Another component in the uncertainty of my life that is Peace Corps... I really have been encouraged to hold out for a Spanish speaking country...so it was suggested to decline if I don't get one (like Belize where I was told I am being nominated for)... but if I'm hangin on by a thread with my living sitch... I think I'll get an invite and jump on the chance.

I would like a Spanish speaking country...but I can a) still study spanish while I'm away b) take spanish when I return to the states. It's really not that big of deal.

Right now, I still have to get my medical stuff off (I know for shame)... In the next two weeks I have appointments to get final x-rays, medical history and signatures, so the goal to get my medical information off before the end of the year is looking good.

So first item of business is to talk to my roomie and see if she feels screwed...cause if she does I'm going to need to re-evaluate... if she's down..then its gonna be about putting items on craigslist to sell... and wrapping my head around a) being all the more serious about Peace Corps b) camping out in my gracious friends living room...or even more...apartment hopping (yeah I have a lot of nice friends...

Updates to come... I'm interested to see what next year is going to look like with this new development...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails