Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Friday, December 12, 2008

Aaaand they're off....

December 12, 2008

I have have been waiting to post this since I got my nomination to the Peace Corps...

I turned in my medical packet!

Praise GOD!

Now then, I was in a rush when I was putting all the papers in the main envelope (mistake) but I had everything together for months and months, so I think I got everything.

I went to the doctor briiiight and early and she signed my final papers...turns out when I got home later today my Saint Louis Dr. Had filled out and sent the same papers. I am going to just hold onto them in case the OMS crew in DC needs my STL Doctor's signature as well. There was oooonnneee other spot that I saw that my Dr. should have initialed in three place but instead he just signed at the bottom...hopefully that doesn't come up either. I just so badly wanted to have all those documents out of my possession!

Now I just have to wait. I anticipated being on pins and needles once I sent off my medical packet, but the reality is I could use the time. I need to get another part time gig so I can pay off my credit card debt and if I'm reaally good start a "traveling around my region" savings account as well. I hear when you have a stash of dough it makes it easier to travel about on your vacations.

Again, I was nominated for August '09...I'm pretty sure I wouldn't leave sooner than that, but I am willing to leave later in the year...

So for the next 9 months I need to, focus on getting a gig..so that I can be paying down my credit card (just one!), working on my Spanish (oooops, haven't looked at not one word...), get a couple of business plans thats that I want to have in order before I leave...and that's really it!

So my updates may be few and far between from this point on... Hopefully all the news that is coming is good news!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails