Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Double Update!

December 27, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I have had such a fantastic holiday and I have been wanting to update my blog, but couldn't steal a moment. Sometime last week, I did the typical impatient thing nominees do, and I called OMS. Now both my surprise and delight, someone answered the line right away. To my dismay the news was that they have not received my medical packet yet and that I should call back at the beginning of the year since everyone was on their way out the door to leave for vacation.

The result, total panic, convinced that my packet had gotten lost in the mail. I was in such a hurry to get my packet off, I didn't make copies of all of my forms. Word to the wise, don't skip this step!

However, in light of holiday miracles, I return home today and I check my email. An update from Peace Corps! Sweet, I already know the news, they have indeed received my medical packet...but I just want to see it with my own eyes. I log onto my toolkit...looking to see where they have said "packet received"... MORE than just my packet being received... I AM DENTALLY CLEARED! Praise the Lord!

That is so awesome for SO.MANY.REASONS. I can't even express. I was so worried about all things dental its not even funny. Now I just have to pay off my dental bill and I'm even steven :o) But that is SUCH a hump to get over and so soon! I wasn't expecting any dental/medical clearance until March or so.

*(over analytical moment)*
Now, I can't help but think...are they moving super quick on my application?
Am I going to be a candidate for an earlier assignment?
Should I/Would I go sooner? (even though I have debt that I gotta pay off)
What if its Spanish speaking!? That's totally what I want!
Did my calling help speed this thing along?
Cause if it was then that would be some more advice to nominees, stay on OMS...
*(moment over)*

Well what does '09 look like for me?
Getting my house in order.

Getting another part time gig, maybe two...
Ideally work around the clock...
The more I work,
the sooner debt is paid off,
The sooner I'm a free agent to leave up outta here and start my Peace Corps Adventure!

Happy New YEAR!!!!

***Post realizations***
1) My Dental Clearance Update came on Christmas Day...awww
2) I cannot take an assignment that leaves before June because I'm under contract with my dance school and I personally would not want to leave before our recital.

After the first week in June '09 I'm fair game...
2009 in going to be an interesting one indeed....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails