Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Appointment and Cavities and Costs! Oh MY!

October 11, 2008

Okay, so even thought I wasn't sure where the money was going to come from, I set my dentist and doctor appointment pretty much right after I got my packet. I gave myself the deadline of having that task done by the end of that week...

So my dentist appointment was today and I have my doctors appointment on Monday.

Well lets back up..

2 things...I hard that the medical clearance is expensive so I had to ask my dad if I could use my emergency card (the card we share that are strictly for emergencies only) for these medical expenses. He said okay, even though he is having a tough financial time right now. I was feeling bad about it, but really I shouldn't because I shouldn't be expecting him to pay a penny of it! Right? Right! Well, I just found out MY assignment at work could possibly be ending next week...hmmmm...so I have no clue where my money is gonna be comin from if that really happens....so that's just some background...

NOW, today, I go to the dentist knowing that I will probably need a tooth pulled eventually and that was going to be that on that....

Um how bout no...

Why did I have 9!!!!!!! 9!!!! NINE Cavities!!
What in the?

I mean I brush!!! twice a day!
I know weak teeth run in the fam a bit..and I know I have been killing the sugar this past year...seriously my job keeps the candy bars flowin and I always come back for more..

Granted my dentist said some of these "cavities" are not real cavities and are more or less surface grooves...but in the interest of joining the Peace Corp I should get them all filled so I'm set for the next two years...

Oh and he agrees my third impacted molar...while painless....should come out...

So I don't even want to talk about what my bill is going to be..

Insurance you ask? Yeah I believe I get a free cleaning and that's it...We'll see...
Because on top of everything, they couldn't pull up my insurance information so I had to come out of pocket today...and then on Monday they will have to file with my insurance and then refund me. The most I may get refunded is 70 bucks for the cleaning... a VERY small dent in the grand bill! I will most definitely be applying for the reimbursement that Peace Corp offers for this.

So today I ended up getting all the work done on my right side which was...what...five cavities or something ridiculous like that...a cleaning and headache!

Charged it to the game and now I gotta see how I'm gonna pay for it...It'll work out...

I have an appointment on the 25th to get the other cavities taken care of and then I don't know sometime after that I will get my wisdom tooth pulled..it may not even happen before December...but we shall see....

This really has me diving in deep ya know?
I was still considering myself a person still "deciding" on whether or not I'm going...
but man when you drop this kind of dough...you're going...

We'll see, I still have that legal hold...and I have not been given any further information on that.

Tomorrow is a Peace Corp Potluck dinner so I can't wait to pick the brains of all the Returned Peace Corps Volunteers! I hope everyone else has similar stories to mine!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails