Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Above the Law

April 21, 2009

I should have known I was only going to get good news on my momma's birthday! I got a gift too. I stalked the guy at the Legal/Eligibility office and finally got him. He dug up my file (bless his heart) and talked to me for quite awhile. I really appreciate him. He asked me follow up questions about the out standing debts I had. It felt really good to say...yep paid that, paid that, that's taken care of, paid that. So he said that I was good to go. My "file is now complete" according Legal McNicerson..but those are words I have heard before. So I asked him just how complete was it really. Basically he's said the decision maker is the next step. The official placement officer will review my file and place me. However, in real life time, I wanna know now...in Peace Corps time...an August nomination is not even being considered right now. Therefore, my file is going to be sitting on someone's desk for awhile. Also, he confirmed that there are usually 2 people for every one opening. I know that I will be sent to the location that is best for me, so I'm keeping hope alive, it's just nerve racking!

We talked for awhile, I don't know how to act when I get someone on the phone!! I wanted all the info I could get. He also told me that since it takes time to get your passport, they have an 8 week minimum of how late they can send an invite. Therefore, if I don't know by the end of June (I'll say) then I clearly didn't get that nomination. I don't know if they send you a letter if you don't or not. I didn't concern myself with that, I don't see that happening. I wonder who the other soul(s) are that are nominated for the same spot? Do they talk about it allll the time like I do? Are there family and peers holding their collective breath as well waiting to know the outcome? I wonder...

I'll be traveling and visiting a lot during May so hopefully my mind will be off of this a little bit. I'm coming up with a schedule and a exercise/prayer/meditation regimen so that I have structure and have other things to focus on. Wow it's a trip my life could drastically change in the next 60 days!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails