Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

All Play Aldea Football Tournament

The office staff and I organized a football game at the Aldea and it was so much fun.

It wasn’t just for the kids, it was office staff, the tias, the moms and volunteers (i.e. me!) Since I wanted to play but was also in charge of pics, I let some of the girls who were too cute to run around, take pics for me.

As a result the majority of the pictures were the tops of their heads as the modeled for the camera and inadvertently cut each other out of the shot , but they did get some far away action shots.

I got a chance to play, but a lot of the time I was caring for the little ones who wanted to be on the field in the middle of the action but not really play. One little girl wanted to hold my hand the whole time and not run. That got complicated but we worked it out. Every time the “captain” of our team i.e. the maintenance man of the Aldea, saw me, he’d be like “are we babysitting or playin!?”. So sometimes I had to just leave my little girl and come back to hear after I was done playing defense.


Some of the moms scored goals which was so much fun to see and my legs were literally sore for at least 3 days. There was great team work too. The teen boys that usually take over and dominate the game where giving the younger kids a chance to kick the ball and score goals as well. It is so much fun to just let loose and have good times with the Aldea community. I look forward to planning another tournament like this one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails