Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Thursday, May 5, 2011

...was working on my Extension Application and came across this post from November of 2009!!!

It's crazy the stuff I was projecting and predicting. It's a great lesson in living in the moment, living in the "Now" and to not sweat the unpredictable shadowlands of tomorrow.

What I thought I was doing in May is a program that doesn't even Exist anymore! I had no clue I would consider staying. I had no clue I would have by this time gone through a site change, met new people, be six months into a new project and living in the Province of Esmeraldas. A whole region of Ecuador I had never even been too!

When people say "you never know..." It's so true. I could have never predicted my future, and I'm see how everything happened perfectly just as it should, the good and the seemingly not so great.

Of course as service comes to a close I feel myself anxious about the future when really all the options I'm weighing would leave me super feliz, so why be anxious! Finding this post also helped me realize that even though I have a Choose Your Own Adventure thing going on in my head with at least 3 awesome outcomes there are in reality 1 million+ possible outcomes and I need to be open and ready to receive them all. God hasn't let me down so far and I know that won't be happening anytime soon!

So adelante with these applications and I will report on COS conference when I get back in two weeks!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails