Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Tuesday, February 16, 2010


Reconnect. Lucky for you all I’m not in that much of a writing/babbling mood. Just wanted to report that Reconnnect, which I was calling DisConnect since we were all separated, was actually a great event. My CAT Tools, a presentation we were all freaking out about (and another reason I was MIA Dec/Jan), was not all that impressive, but we got through it. It was great seeing the volunteers that I don’t get to ever see and it was just fun switchin up the schedule and spending time in Cuenca.

Oh mama, Cuenca is my new love. It was BEAUTIFUL. Nice, clean, great sites to see, safe, you name it. We didn’t get to spend too much time in the city, but I definitely want to go back to Cuenca. Maybe during a family or friend visit? Hint, hint


Reconnect would not have been half as special or beneficial if it weren’t for the fact that I invited my counterpart. It was optional for our counterparts to come, and once my presentation wasn’t really coming along, I figured, I wouldn’t have her come and only embarrass myself. I also figured since she takes care of about 5 kids In her house there was no way she could leave for 4 days. But when I gave her, her invite letter she was ALL about it. During our meetings in Cuenca we had exercises in how to plan events from beginning to end which was great for her to see. Plus, I just love spending time with Lottie and this event brought us closer. We butted heads on some ideas, which was great, because we were able to strengthen our communication skills. She was all about participating (a little too much if you ask me, cause that meant EYE had to participate vs daydreaming hee hee) and everyone loved her. So that was special and amazing. Since Peace Corps paid for our counterparts I was really happy to get Lottie out of the barrio.

All of the volunteers were going to get together in Riobamba after to really Reconnect, but we weren’t allowed to due to strikes going on. That weekend ended up being a fun time though anyway…even though my apartment didn’t have water the whole time...but that's another story...


See Short and Sweet. Besitos xoxo

3 comments:

SergtPeppa said...

I'm glad ReConnect was a good time! It's always kind of a hit or miss experience for vols. And it was optional for the counterparts? That's new...I always say I'll retire to Cuenca some day...will it actually happen? Veamos...

Unknown said...

Oh cousin I am glad to hear that things are going well. I think about you often and the great time we had in LA for your farewell trip! We love and miss you dearly
~Momo

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you took la hermana to reconnect! i am SURE that she LOVED it, whether or not she was able to express that to you in words. she really loves that kinda stuff, and its super good for her self esteem.
awesome job!
and you actually did the cat tool? again, amazing.
hasta,
tere

Related Posts with Thumbnails