Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween

I have fallen so behind in blogs... I have ideas of stuff to write, but I'll never stop writing if I do them all. I wish you all were here for every moment! It's a daily adventure, comedy, drama series. Something I couldn't even write about you just had to be there. I'm sure a lot of it I still have yet to discover as usually the joke is on me.

One event I guess I can pick out is Halloween. Now while here in scary Guayaquil I feel older than ever. Not only am I just older than a lot of my Volunteer friends, but they seem to be WAY more fun than me too! lol. I know to anyone who knows me is like what? Not you J "where's the party at" Cov lol but it is SO true. All I think about when I'm in the loud busy streets getting hissed and kissed at my the men in the street, is my room and my bed. It's my perfect safe haven. I'm not sure if its fear or age or a deadly mixture of both :)

Either way my fun friends had been talking about Halloween aaaalll month. I kept saying don't care what we do, don't really want to do anything and I'm not spending a lot on a costume. I KNOW so grumpy old lady right!?!? Told ya! My poor new friends have to put up with me daily. Anyway. Long story short (too late!) We all were going to Cuenca to meet up with a bunch of Vols for a party but then we 102ers (the equivalent to the freshman class of Volunteers here in Ecuador) couldn't go because we are still in our first three months in our sites so that means no vacation days. Don't ask.

So I was like great i'm staying here, everyone that's wants to party is going somewhere else and everybody is happy. Wrong again! Another long story short. The Gquil folks got the spirit to kick it and friend new by got the word and felt the vibe and came ready to ppaarrtaaay. Now turns out Halloween weekend turned out to be one of my absolute worst as far as my Spirit goes, but that was just due to stress and not honoring myself. Besides that it was a fun time. I cannot go into all the drama and shenanigans that went on that Saturday and into Sunday trying to get costumes (ugghghghg) mega slumber parties and what not. But we went to a 3 story club that was just like being on the MetroVia when it's so crowded if you jump you wouldn't land back on the ground cause it's so stuffed. Sounds pretty undesirable huh? Yeah, maybe, but we had fun. I was a...well... I was "sporty" for Halloween. Didn't want to spend a dime so I wore my busted tennis shoes, my bright green knee socks, and my soccer shorts from the 4th of July futbol game in Cayambe, my selecion camiseta that every good Ecuadorian has and then I put those smudge marks under my eyes like football players do. Which makes no sense...but it just made me look Sportier... Whateves.

We had a major slumber party at my crib which is always fun. And then actually skipped town for the day, but I had a TON of stuff to do in the coming week and I REALLY I mean REALLY paid for it the whole week ugh. I was trying to not be such an old fogie (sp?) but hey if the shoe fits...I knew I was going to be paying for it too so I wasn't able to enjoy myself like I really wanted to. but it was good being around my girls so all in all it was a success. If pics of Halloween ever surface I'll add it to this blog.

The weekend AFTER Halloween, friends that are teachers at the Colegio Americano (the American School) had a big costume birthday bash the weekend after. The Theme was Heroes and Villians. Well "Generic Sporty Person" is no Hero! Again, I had that busy week that I was talking about and had no time to rethink a costume. I can always pull out "hippie" from my wardrobe...So I put on my Peace sign tank top my mom sent me (love it thanks mom!) my flare leg jeans...this sash from the Sierra and a scarf around my head. Now how do I make hippie a hero. I I was like I'll be Janis Joplin. But looking at me...it didn't really translate...I was looking more Jimi than Janis. So when people I asked what I was... I said I was the off spring off Janis (hero) and Jimi (hero) which makes me a super hero! Right? Looking at pictures I could have just been "Peace Personified" that's a hero if I ever have known one right?




Chao Gente!

4 comments:

a.eye said...

I'm sure you are still super fun. Glad you had a good time and are doing well.

~ Ada

Mica Clark-Peterek said...

Remember to take some time for yourself and have some fun. You have to take care of you!

Unknown said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Finally a posting. Loved it. Jenny Gymnast! You could have been her! Keep up the good work. Live a little have a good time. (PS...I totally feel you on the old fart thing...where did it come from!!!) besos!

SergtPeppa said...

I love that you are feeling old three months into site! And people's personal heroes are all different, entonces I think Sporty would have been a fair call. Make sure to honor yourself!

Related Posts with Thumbnails