Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Friday, October 22, 2010

A Change Is Gonna Come....

I could have been posting everyday, the ups and downs of what has been happening, but emotional roller coaster not only sound cliché, it doesn't even BEGIN to describe what I've been going through of feeling. I'll just give you the facts and as austerely as possible.

I'm being taken out of Guayaquil and moved to Sua for safety and security reasons.
This a HUGE change, I was just in Mid Service planning my next year in Guayaquil with the Mujeres, and now that is all changing. You never know what news tomorrow will bring.

Well in this case this has been dragging out for a month. I wasn't sure where I was going or when, and while it has been nuts, I have really great program managers that have I think taken care of the situation better than most people would have.

There have been tears, lots of stress and with all the unknowns hanging over me for weeks, it's been insane.

Now I have definites, so now I'm writing.

Location: Sua, a playa (that means beach and that's a plus) in Esmeraldas...a region I have never been to...It's going to be small town versus the big city I'm used to an aaaalll the changes that go with it...

When: Oct 29th is my official move out day...

In the meantime: I'm packing like a crazy person, STILL have to go to Quito to complete site change paper work and other Peace Corps Business...So I essentially have 3 days to pack up my aparment.

I know it's for the best, but the hardest part was telling the Mujeres I work with. I'm going to miss them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much I can't even think about it!! I will keep in touch and I just know everything happens for a reason and I just hope and pray that this is the best path for all of us. One of the ladies was saying to look at it in a positive light, that I'm going to get a chance to help another community that may need me even more like I have helped them. I thought that was really sweet for her to say. All of them have said that they are most concerned with my well being and are going to miss me.

That has been the most shocking thing for me actually how much even my site mates are going to miss me. I feel like all I do is go to work and shut myself indoors. I am not half as sunshiney or social as I normally am, so I was surprised at everyones sadness...I thought it was only going to be ME missing Everybody else! Same with the ladies, they are so amazing and have been around for 10 years, so I knew EYE was destroyed with the news, but I didn't know they were going to equally miss me as much. I always planned to have Mujeres de Lucha in my life beyond my time with them, even when I returned to the states, so that still hasn't chanced. My Program Manager said I can still stay in touch and help out a little bit as well.

So that is the news...it's the beginning of my second year in Peace Corps and I'm starting in a completely different location! So lucky for everyone I have started blogging again and you can be a part of this new adventure of mine. Ahroa, I'm packing, saying good bye, and trying to get my wits about myself in this topsy turvy turn of events!

Love and Light

JC

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey Jcov!! I hope you have a great experience in your new site! Looking forward to new blog posts about your experiences outside the big city!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails