Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

#3 Empanadas Bam Bam!!!

I know I mentioned snacks, but this was my first fav empanada place and it was my treat for myself when I made it successfully through a week…or sometimes just the day hee hee…

They have empanadas de carne, pollo or the only one I have had…QUESO! Que Rrriiico!! They fry up in a big old bubblin vat of grease and serve it up. On the “bar” there is garlic sauce, aji and sugar…if you are on the run (as I always am) you just split it open and pour sugar inside the delicious pocket and get on your way!

It’s a fun Ecuadorian treat. When I feel guilty for being such a pig about these things, I tell myself I’m gonna be sorry when I’m craving them back in the US and have no way of getting my little pockets of joy!

Update: Had an unfortunate run in with a Empanada from Empanadas Bam Bam, at first bite I was like…ummm this cheese is NOT right. But I just added more sugar and kept it going. I paid for that for about week. It’s broken me of my fixation….but I people coming to visit and they have to know the joys of EBB so I’ll be back….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, i remember empanadas bam bam! super que rico!!!
love,
tere

Related Posts with Thumbnails