Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Viva Semana Santa!

My first up to date post in forever. I don't know if it will be content rich and I'm going to have to postpone the post until I get some pics to go with it, but I'm writing this Easter Sunday!

That means this day concludes Semana Santa. Semana Santa (Holy Week) for me meant the kids were out of school and in Esmeraldas which means no work for me. Just as well because I got word that some friends that I met at Carnaval are planning on coming to hang out in Sua and Atacames and my attendance was mandatory.

Super!

Indeed it was. Fiestas started Thursday I believe. We hung out at night at some of the tiki huts that line the beach. I don't usually do that because I liver here and I rather be in bed, but it was a GREAT time. We actually did that two nights in a row. We played cards, shared stories, had cocktails and even started some salsa dance offs. Those girls may have turned Sua out. Now the people that were nameless permanent fixtures at those tiki's are now my friends that wave to me as I pass by on the bus. It seems like they are looking at me anxiously waiting for the next salsa off, but once the feriada is over I'm back to work and back on the grind.

The next two days we spend in Atacames. We laid on the beautiful beach aaaaalll day long. It was SO hot and sunny, making them the most perfect beach days ever. Again, I hang out in Sua because that's where I live. The Pacific Ocean is my front yard. When I think of Atacames, I think party beach, lots of people who needs it. Well, it is all of those things, but a) when you're hosting it's a great place to take people b) sometimes it's fun being around all of those people and music c) The beach is FABULOUS Blue waters, fun waves and a huge sprawling beach front. I still love my little Sua beach, from time to time Atacames is definitely in a class of it's own.

I went home to change for the night scene the first night and the second night I just stayed in my beach clothes and tried to make an outfit out of my headband and take top. Both nights SOOO much fun. Hard to describe what made it so fun.

Caipirinhas (4x$5 habla serio).
mas salsa!! (have I mentioned how much I MISS salsa dancing? I so got it in this weekend).
Belly laughs.
Lots of pictures.
New friends.

New found love/appreciation for where I live.
International family bond increased and strengthened.
Dancing on the Beach.
Barefeet&Souls.
Tiki Mansions.
Fried Shrimp.
Cerviche.
Spades.
Sunsets.
Amor.
Amistad.
Semana Santa.Atacames.

Do it!


If you find yourself in Ecuador Holy Week, the week before Easter, Get thee to Esmeraldas quick! Go straight to Atacames and have the time of your life.

Optional Packing List:
Shoes
After 5 wear
Lots of Money
Shampoo (it's no use the sand in your hair will never come out)

Must haves:
Deck of Cards
Huge Appetite
Swimsuit (or several)
Sunscreen
Sueltos (change) for all the cheap caipirinhas
In the Mood for a Fun time
Salsa riddim in ya heels!

I really appreciate the girls coming here and giving me a new found appreciation for living in Sua and near Atacames. Don't get me wrong I am beat down tired and have a big week next with at the Orfanto but it's always great to "get away" and it feels really good when that get away is 20 minutes down the street!

Loving Life! Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails