Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Finally New Apartment Pics!



This is to make you feel like you're really there, No clean up, no fronting, just the real deal. This is NOT Cribs haha.

Really I just didn't have any other pictures other than the ones I took as I was moving in...


The pictures of the food is to show you how one can make tortillas and falafels on a bookshelf :) Hey, That's the Peace Corps... Oh and the pic of me on the bed with a bowl and a rolling pin is me either mashing garbanzo beans with the blunt end of my rolling pin or making peanut butter out of peanuts....2 words, labor.intensive.


Features:
Bedroom - a mess...cause I was moving in...but it kinda looks like that right now too soooo...(oh note the no having a closet of it all...)

Living room- all tables featured are glorified cardboard boxes with sheets. It's called Resourceful people. Good thing a week later my apartment flooded...I gotta get some plastic furniture!

Kitchen - a hot mess, I have everything stored AND cook off of the book shelf (but hey it gets the job done and I'm so grateful I have that huge thing) aaaand my no sink no drain situation. I love how in one of the pics you see the hose that is outside hanging through my window...THAT is how we wash dishes here people. Hey did I mention I can see the Ocean from my kitchen too!? It all balances out to me.



Bathroom- it's outside...well I have to leave my apartment to get to it. I just think of this place as my mansion and I have a open ceiling hallway...very nice...



Shower- Also outside, By the three pools I have. It's just mansion style. The shower head is actually pretty great and the water pressure isn't bad either. Taking my first shower WHILE it was raining was a bit of a challenge but then I just pretended I was in the Amazon ;) and on a sunny day it's actually quite refreshing. Not as bad it sounds!

Not pictured: My rooftop overlooking the ocean, one of my favorite places to be!, the three pools out back. I'll post them one day...



That's pretty much it. I have my front yard i.e. the ocean pictures, but I was trying to capture that there were streetlights outside of my house for Peace Corps to approve my house, so they aren't pretty picutres, but you get to see the water and what I see when I look outside of my house.

Enjoy!!







Gabi "putting up" my Christmas Tree. She is the 8 year old in the family I lived with my first month here. She saw the pools I have out back and said she is DEF coming back over. It'll be good to have her :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails