Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

#24 Bloopers in The Bank

I needed to get a new bank card and to go to MY bank I had to go to the capital city of the province, Esmeraldas. It was hard to find time to make the trip to go there and when I finally got there, the lines in the bank can be a mess. When I got there I had a wait and I was listing all the things I COULD be doing with my time instead of waiting…. Then came one of the reasons I Love Ecuador…

Bloopers in the Bank.

You have to pull a number and wait for your turn with the tellers at the bank. You have to watch a screen overhead to wait of your number. They have some wacky system where it’s not just 1,2,3..it’s like J102, G236, K12, so you have to wait for you letter AND number to come up and with this system you hardly know when you’ll be up. On the SAME screen however they have Bloopers showing which is pretty awesome. Remember bloopers? You know hidden camera and people playing tricks on other people. Well first of all I love bloopers, but moreover I absolutely LOVE watching people in the bank Watch bloopers. They too are in a bad mood, and sitting impatiently. It’s so classic to see a belly laugh erupt out of a unwilling participant. Or the dead pan stare into a gregarious head thrown back laugh. The Bloopers are usually so simple and imbecilic that it’s funny to see what people get a kick out of.

While the people are watching the screen, I’m watching them cause THAT is the best part. Usually almost missing my number because….oops…that’s what I’m supposed to be doing! Which in turn passes the time and changes everyone’s mood from a grumpy one to a jovial one. Good one Ecuador. Good one!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails