Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Holidays!!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year Too!!

Where are my manners?

I have just left my supportive audience to read my Why I Love Ecuador tidbits while I fail to give real updates, shame shame and it's gotten so bad I can't even send good tidings and cheer! I am have put myself in time out and I am back on it!

So your Christmas present will be pictures of my apartment. I was waiting to do an actual photo shoot when everything was in order, but it seems to never happen so I'm going to provide what I have which was taken AS I was moving in.


So I lived with a host family for a month and that was an adventurous one. That is going to have to be a series of stories you hear from me in person, I can't even write about all the shenanigans that were going on in that house. In the end I really needed space of my own but I like the family a lot. Now that I am able to spread my wings (and unpack all the boxes I was living out of in that tiny room) I feel more myself and I go hang out with the family when I have a chance. We are all good now.

Wait, I'm going to put pictures of Christmas on this post since it's more relevant and I'll post apartment pics for January. New Year New Apartment. Christmas was a blast. My friend Anna and her hubby own a hostal On the Beach and we cooked ALL day long listening to the waves crash and we went from DJing the Christmas music, to the smooth Brazilian tunes and closed out the night with Raggae. Such a beachfront Christmas. It was really great. There was plenty of food for everyone and everything turned out deeeeelicious!


Excuse the randomness, I'm super sleepy as I write this, but it's been to long so you gotta do what you gotta do right?

I am working at La Aldea and I will have pictures of that next year. The organization is really great and well...organized. It's an orphanage that is set up like a little village (which is what aldea means). They don't separate brothers and sisters and up to 9 children live in a house with one madre. It's a great set up and it lends itself to raising kids that have a sense of familya. I will talk more about that when I have some pictures to better explain.


I have had visitors for Christmas and I have ticket confirmations for more coming and I'm so excited. Next year will bring more friends, maybe a trip to Machu Piccu and who knows what else!

Speaking of next year, I really just realized I'm going back to the states in a matter of Days!
I am heading to Florida for my 30th Birthday Celebration and for a Family Reunion. I will be heading out on the 5th which felt like 6 months from now yesterday but now it feels like it's tomorrow. Time is a funny one I tell ya.

This will be the first time that I have gone home in over a year and a half! So Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me on that!!!

So Stay tuned for apartment pics next year, I might get a chance to post NY pics at the top of the year but no promises :)

If not Happy New Year to all! May this next year bring lot's of love, peace, abundance and wellness! I appreciate each person reading these words and who have kept up with me and supported me for the past, what, 18 months!! Really couldn't do it without you!!

Love and Hugs

2 comments:

Chris Gallup said...

So looking at those pics, it has reminded me to ask this question- How many times has Nacho hit on you? Or said something inappropriate?

-Chris Gallup

Sunshine Builder Freedom Dancer said...

Ha ha, he was working on a secret rendezvous to his campo house, but luckily my friends were in town visiting so I got outta of that, whew. I hope I don't get anything on the level that Lauren received. So far so good.... :) Thanks for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails