Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

#18 Action Jackson/Gestures

Man, I could show you better than I can tell you but this should definitely make it on the Why I love Ecuador list. People are SOOOOOO animated and it’s my favorite. Of course, this is a generalization, but in just observing that has been something I have picked out. I love it first of all because my Spanish is mas o menos and it really helps. I can be on the bus looking at people on the corner talking and I pretty much know what they are talking about because people are SO animated. I also love it because I love animated people! People who use gestures, face, and whole body to convey a message. In training they said that is something you’ll find more on the coast, and all the better that I’m here. It’s hilarious to see now how we volunteers have picked up things like pointing to stuff with our lips, doing the full body “shoulder shrug” or the super frown face when you don’t know something. We may look ridiculous, but I call it integration.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails