Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Monday, January 26, 2009

Homeward Bound

January 26, 2009

So I made the decision to take this party to back to my homeland, Missouri.

Now Peace Corps strongly advises you not to make any real life decisions before getting an invitation...and I can honestly say I don't think I would be doing this if I weren't planning on taking a 2 year trip out of the country. I've been praying about it though, so maybe I would be going to Missouri no matter what right now...but I highly doubt it.

With losing my job back on Oct and not getting anything in the meantime, I now have real debt. I never had debt, debt before and I desperately want everything squared away before my departure! I'll be over 30 when I return and I need my financial life to be on the up and up.

So that's a major life decision that I didn't even see coming at the beginning of January...but it makes total and complete sense. Just trying to surrender and go where I'm being (divinely) lead.

Keeping it Peace Corps... I called OMS just to see what my clearance schedule was looking like. At first I couldn't get anyone to tell me the status of my file. The people at the front desk would answer my call....get my SSN# and then forward me to someone else and then I would always dead end at someone's voicemail. I started to get freaked out. I even asked the people that answered the phone initially what were they seeing on my file that they couldn't just tell me that I had to forwarded to someone else...which they would inform me...that they couldn't say that so and so and ext xyz had to tell me....arg...So that was frustrating. It only took one day of diligence though to finally get someone. The conclusion simply was that since my departure date is not until Fall '09 they reported they have not even looked at my medical file. So great. I have plenty of time. I really think this is all going to work out for the best!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails