Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Camera Question

We Gquil girls are always saying we have a "bien fear" of the city. We bow down to the dangers that lurk around every corner. It's such a balancing act trying to not attract the thing you don't want by thinking too much about it and having pilas and not being a sucker gringa that gets got all the time. Having said that, it's almost 2010 and I need to make a decision about this here camera situation. My camera has not seen the light of day since I moved to Guayaquil. In my little cabinet forever more is where I told myself it will forever remain. Is that any way to live? I had the the thought am I going to regret not having captured any of these moments on my very own recording device. Sure other people are fearlessly toting there cameras around and I can always use there pics off of Facebook but I'm at the mercy of others. Plus I am having my own individual experience and since I don't have a personal photographer following me around there are just some things only I can capture. I mean a camera is just an item and anything happening to it would not be the worst thing. My camera is on it's last leg and it will probably be time for an upgrade anyway when I return to the states in 2011. Not to mention there are things one can do to make sure they don't lose their pics in case the case of a stolen object... like take out the chip and carry it on your person so that you keep your sentimental pictures and the ladron gets what they were after in the first place.

So what do we think? Start taking my camera on my trips? (that I need to start taking!) Let me know what you think. It sure would spice up my blog ;o) One day maybe I'll take my camera to my barrio...but no.day.soon.

Besos!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I say yes!! It sounds like you would really like to take more photos, so I say go for it!

Mica Clark-Peterek said...

Take the camera! You can't live in fear! Be proactive, be careful, and have fun capturing those memories!

Rachel said...

Jenny, go for it. You seem to have thought through some ways to be safe and keep what really means the most (not the camera but the pictures). So use wisdom and go for it. Don't regret not getting what you need. But if at any point you start to think there is physical harm accompanying these robberies - again - use wisdom and don't take it out.

Love you
Rachel

Related Posts with Thumbnails