Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Monday, November 30, 2009

I Need A Tutor!!!!

Alright, I'm just out of my first three months and I really hung in there but now I NEED A TUTOR.

I can barely read in Spanish, my communication is sooo limited and when I'm trying to rally my ladies together and get them to focus I really need language on my side! We have so many miscommunications everyday that sometimes I feel like I'm doing them more of a disservice than helping them!

'They' say the first three months is the hardest, 'they' say just hang in there your first three months and then see how you feel.

Well I did and I'm dying for a tutor. I know I have improved probably exponentially and I promise I celebrate myself and those small victories but lets be honest. I really didn't have a Spanish background (SO should have taken it in College....) so of course I have improved, but the fact that I don't understand really anything of what people are saying, I can't express myself, I can't read, I can't really spell and since I don't know how most words are spelled I don't pronounce them right therefore I'm speaking badly and the cycle goes on. I'm sure if I just get some academics in my life, you know some formulas, some rules a touch of grammar I can continue to fumble along a wee bit more effectively.

Everyone thinks I'm being dramatic because, well, we all feel the same way, we all feel our language could be better...and we're right... but my skills right now are uber weak and me getting a tutor doesn't mean I'll blast off to perfection. It'll still be a lot of work and poco a poco, but I will be able to figure things out better.

So our language coordinator in Quito is super awesome and really supportive and at first gave us Rosetta Stone again (for those who asked) but only until Nov 15th!!!! Wha? So he just told me I can look for either an enligh/spanish exchange or a tutor and IF the price is right, then Peace Corps will support me.

Sigh. Thank you!

So The search is on. Wish me luck, send your prayers and keep your fingers crossed cause mama needs a tutor and BAD!!

Xoxox

2 comments:

zuri said...

Ecuador is such a diverse and peaceful country. The weather, the colonial cities and the people are just fantastic. Nothing compares to the landscapes of the Highlands, the lush of the Amazon Rainforest, the exotic Beaches of the Coast and the mystery of the Galapagos Islands.

SergtPeppa said...

Your Spanish is excelente! But the first few months is definitely tough on the Spanish. Have you met Diana? She was a language facilitator and I think she lives in GTown now...

Related Posts with Thumbnails