Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Last But Certainly Not Least: La Guardaria

Oh yes, the Guadaria. Another one cerca de mi corazon (close to my heart). This is the nursery! You gotta love the Nursery. Look at all of those kids. The idea of the Guadaria is a place for the kids to go freeing up the mothers and fathers to go to work and earn money. See how something so small can be so big?















I don't know why I try to act like I don't like kids lol. I'm always coming up with a reason why I need to go peek at the kids at the Guadaria. They are sholl nuff all over the place, but it's always a lot of fun. It needs A LOT of help though! 

There are diapers that need to be changed, there is only one crib, we are always scrapping to have enough food for them for breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day. 

It would also help if we had more toys, books, art supplies etc. 
Right now there is a program similar to the Padrino program for the Guadaria. A person pays $5 a week to provide the meals for a child in the Guadaria. A great cause right? Let me know if you are interested in this program as well!!! (CovingtonJennifer@Gmail.Com)

I also have visions of fixing up the place so that it's has a cheerful, hopeful upbeat feeling to it. 

They also have some land in the back of the Guadaria that I would think would be Perfect for a jardin. That way the Mujeres could start growing their own food and it doesn't get more sustainable than that!

2 comments:

SergtPeppa said...

I think a garden in GTown would be AWESOME! And yeah, who pretends they don't love kids? Geez... :D

American Refugee said...

This is wonderful! I wonder if there are any artists in Guayaquil that would come and paint scenes on the walls? Do you guys have a garden going?

Related Posts with Thumbnails