Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Pescadores Outside Are So Loud....

How Loud Are They?...

No but seriously folks... I don't know if I've blogged about it, but I have definitely told the people that I talk to about it. I live next door to a port where the fishermen park their boats. What does that mean? From anywhere from 4:30 am to 8:00 am, those men are outside hee-in', haw-in' and guffawin' all in front of my house and all in big groups after a long night out at sea. They have no regard to the fact that it's the crack of dawn and the rest of the street is sleeping. My house is the main spot people park in front of and post up and get to gut busting, diaphragm resonating loud talking, laughing and yelling. Now always in search of my zen, I have "gotten over" this by accepting what is. If I am jolted out of my sleep at 4:30 am, instead of waking up grumpy and cursing this beautiful life I've been given, I just go outside, or turn on music and mediate. (I think making me some kind of zen master meditating with all that noise, right?) If it's more around 7 or 8 I just give thanks for the natural alarm clock and get up and start my day. I haven't set an alarm since living here because there is really no.need. thanks to them.

Well today, as normal, my piscine-amigos were outside doing The.Most. I was preparing for my day writing some things down and referring to my spanish dictionary. After about an 30 min I was like, man, they are really excited today! After about an hour and half I was like MAN they have kept the volume at a steady 10 without any fluctuation. As I go to the kitchen to grab a banana, I peek out the window only to see AN ACTUAL Parade was going on outside!!!! When it started I don't know. It was then that it dawned on me. Those men are LOUD as Heck sometimes... SO Loud, that when there is an ACTUAL Parade going on outside, I don't even know the difference.

So now you know how "festive" it is over here most mornings. So as you rise and shine this week, instead of grumbling at the alarm clock, just be happy it's not 30 men outside of your window acting like it's an afterset of a party. As for me? I'll just be happy I'm really honing in on my inner peace mediation chops.

Until the next time!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails