Our deepest fear isn't that we're inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Project Update

What up, What up! I felt like I needed to email an update on how things have been going with the new project.
To give an honest real time answer...it would depend on what minute you asked me.
I feel like a have a manic-depressive disorder when I'm with the kids.

Sometimes I'm over the moon sooooo happy that they are laughing and having a good time, argh, but having to keep order, discipline and be...well..the adult can be crummy sometimes and totally bum me out or exhaust me. It would be normal, I think, if it varied by week, even by day, but I go from high to low in moments flat with these little (and some big) balls of energy!

What I DO know though is that I'm on the right path and walking in my destiny because even on the Worst days where there lows are hittin hardcore, I still am Really excited to continue on to the next day, next moment, next activity. Even when my head is crying out "I'm Exhausted! I can't take no mo'! Who told you could rally all these kids on your own, keep them in order all in SPANISH! Run, Ruuuunnnn, drop the ball someone else surely will have to pick it up!!!

My heart says "This is SO Rad, even in the moment that just kinda sucked when you had to ask that kid to participate for the 100th time, or had to make the kids sit in their seats on the public bus (when you know they just wanted to have fun) or had to
withhold snacks until EVERYbody was quiet....This is still something you have projected you wanted to for awhile now, as written hundreds of times in your journal,...so congratulations now it is happening and all the moments are a blessing and so there for give thanks for them all!!" (Yeah so my heart talks a lot that's a good thing! :op) So I do. I stay in a state of gratitude knowing that I am learning and growing...probably at an exponential rate.

I have always wanted to work with youth and this new project is giving me some "on the job training"

What is different than what I was doing in Guayaquil and even my smaller classes at the Aldea, is that I am partnered up with Via Via who has a proposal, and full out agenda and activities on a larger scale, so I can do things, see things and participate in activities way larger than myself and bigger than I could have done alone. So while it is a Huge undertaking, (that the gremlins in my head try to tell me I'm not yet qualified for...but I don't listen to them!) the fact that I show up everyday (-after a routine mini anxiety attack) and give my all fully because what I'm doing is out of love and nothing more, I know that it is more than good enough and that when you follow the path of love and your passion, you really can't go wrong.

I see blogging at midnight after a particularly grueling day (felt like a human piñata I tell ya!) may not be the best idea. Sorry readers :) I will be posting more about what I am doing specifically. Posting some pics of our activities, complete with descriptions of course!

(pictured: 3 Fiesty girls that I work with who look SO innocent here I had to capture the moment, haha) Love them!!!
(pictured: Me with 2 chicos from my teen (jovenes) group)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails